Saturday, June 21, 2008

HE CAN WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!




I can't believe it!!! Even as I type this, I can't believe it!!! COLIN CAN WALK!!! I don't even have words to describe how excited we are tonight! What a great day! Let me start at the beginning...we spent the day with some of our best friends and their families. Jeff and Nat brought their kiddos over and we went swimming at the big pool. Ellen, Wes and Aubrey joined us all for dinner and we ended up getting take-out at Babe's because it was packed and the babies were not having an hour wait in the hot sun. We took the food back over to Ellen and Wes' place and had a great meal. Afterwards we were all hanging out, having a few drinks and lounging around. Colin has been standing up like a champ and walking around holding our hands for weeks now. In the past few days, Jer and I will sit apart from each other and encourage him to walk back and forth. He has gotten two steps in before he then falls. Well, tonight that all changed!! We were sitting on Ellen's living room floor and Jer and I were FAR from each other. He just took off!! It was amazing!! He walked back and forth for about an hour, with us moving farther and farther away. At one point, he started making turns and going away from us in a completely different direction!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WALKS!!! It was truly the most amazing sight I have ever seen. My little baby walked all around all by himself!!!!!!! What a champ!! The best part was that we got to experience the moment surrounded by our best friends. They were all there to witness history and they were all cheering and clapping for him. I could not pick a better way to experience a milestone. Luckily we had the camera and Ellen got the pics above. I will be getting some video asap! What a wonderful and special day...I will never forget it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool that you got photos to capture the moment!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio