Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a Day...

Well, today has been quite a day. My right arm has been bothering me for a couple of days...I figured that I had pulled a muscle and put it out of my mind. Then I noticed while showering that my entire right underarm was swollen and looking generally not good. This freaked me out a bit, so I made a trip to our family doctor to get his opinion. Luckily, it is nothing serious at all. He told me after poking and prodding me to death that it is a serious strain to my something pectoral something or other muscle. And YES, I was paying absolutely no attention to my doctor because Colin was busy trying to open the waste bin with the bright red X's on it. I swear Colin will gladly play with anything that can kill him. So, I pretty much checked out mentally as soon as I heard that I did not have something deadly growing under my arm.

In other bits of insanity, it looks like Colin may be coming down with the chicken pox. I literally cannot believe it. Colin had the vaccine at his 12 month appointment almost two weeks ago. When he got the shots, the pedi warned me that it is a live virus and it is technically possible that Colin could come down with the pox from the shot. Apparently it is rare. Yeah. SO, Jer is giving Colin a bath tonight and calls me in. Sure enough, he has tiny little pink dots springing up. There is one big welt on his leg that I had seen today, but thought was a bug bite. Apparently, it is the damn chicken pox. So, it looks like we get to make an appearance at the doctor in the morning. My poor little man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, that IS a sucky day.

On a more positive note, that is a seriously snazzy new header you are rockin'! Easy, huh??

The Murrays said...

Chalna! Please teach me how to make a cool header. I just started trying to get blogger background savvy...and I'm failing miserably.

Also, I laughed out loud when you said Colin will gladly play with anything that can kill him. I have one of my own. He tries to steal knives out of the dishwashwer when I'm unloading. And once I hide knives he moves onto the forks, etc. etc.

YUCKO on the chicken pox. I hope he has a super light case since it was just from the shot.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio