Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Superb Saturday!




What a wonderful Saturday we had! We decided to take Colin to that indoor play facility that I mentioned yesterday and we all had a blast! First of all, it was complete and utter chaos in this place. I neglected to think about the fact that on a Saturday afternoon it was likely to be insane. There were at least 12 birthday parties going on just while we were there. It is a huge building that is about three stories high with play jungles literally from the floor to the ceiling. One side of the room says, "Ages 4 to 104" which I thought was cute and the other side was "Ages 3 and under". It was a massive web of crawl spaces and bouncing floors and slides and everything you can imagine and a lot you couldn't! Colin is still a little young to truly go crazy...his little feet could slip through the webbing and he is not quite a monkey yet, with the ability to crawl up all the levels on his own. Jer and I took turns carrying him through the mazes of twists and turns and let me tell you, we were sweating bullets!! This place is a major workout!!! There were even some areas that you had to crawl up through a little hole to get to the next level! Crazy! It wore us slap out! Now when Colin is ready to climb these mazes on his own, it will be amazing. It is an intense workout for me, much less the little ones. This will be a perfect outlet for spending some serious energy one day. But back to today...Colin was awestruck. His eyes were like two saucers the entire time we were there. I have never seen him look quite like that before...he was blown away. It was so loud and colorful and children were running everywhere. He could not peel his eyes away from everything. Even though he did a lot of riding around in our arms, he loved it! Watching Colin experience something new is one of the greatest joys in the world. I could practically hear his brain soaking up all the new sights and sounds. He also went down a slide by himself for the very first time!!! He was a little confused by it, but seemed to enjoy it. He really liked to go down the slide with me! That was great fun!

After our family play date, we stopped for Thai teas and then made a dash into a locally owned little pet store to see the animals. Colin got to see a spider monkey right up close!!! He was putting his hands on the glass and the little monkey was chasing Colin's hands and looking right at him! I have no clue where they got a monkey in this little shop, but Colin loved it and so did we! I wish I could have taken him home!! :-)

Is that a good day or what? As one final thing, I am attaching the link to the latest Colin video. Jer was making goofy noises at Colin during dinner and it was just about the funniest thing Colin ever saw. You know I had to get it on film! :-) Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTh3ZFWXFKo

4 comments:

Melibelle said...

OMG that's a funny video! he's so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

That DOES sound like an awesome day!! And that video of Colin laughing is sooo funny!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, baby giggles are the BEST!! Looks like that place is a lot of fun...we will have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! I need to nag Mark into doing something like that with me and the twins. (Yes, nag is the correct verb here.)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio