Monday, September 8, 2008

Just call me Jennifer Weiner

I did it. I just now, as in two minutes ago, entered my first writing contest. It is an essay contest that I stumbled upon while reading one of my magazines and I decided to give it a go. The winner receives a cash prize and, better still, gets published in their magazine! Published! In a real-live-honest-to-goodness-purchase-it-on-the-newsstand magazine! This is a national magazine and I can't guess how many thousands on top of thousands of entries they must have gotten, so I don't think for two seconds that I have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but I feel good just knowing that I gave it a shot! The winner won't be announced until the first week of January, so we have some time to kill now. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING!!! Good luck!! I'm sure I don't have to ask you, but be sure to keep us posted on the outcome!

Melibelle said...

YEAAAAAAAAAA you are finally listening to me! You can write and you do have a VERY GOOD chance of winning! Enter more enter more enter more!

Shannon said...

Good for you!

Okay, Jennifer, are you now a Jewish girl in Philly who is constantly battling self-esteem issues, your parents divorce, and a Cinderella complex? (Yeah, I've read all of her stuff too.) :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio