Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Creative Title Goes Here.

Happy Valentines Day, President's Day, and any other assorted holiday I might have missed over the last few days. Colin is having a really hard time right now...he woke up today at 4:16am. I have tried everything under the sun to help him including putting him to bed earlier, later, trying to get two naps, one nap, everything. This has been going on for several weeks now on and off, but the last week has been especially bad. Anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows that Colin has a hard time with sleep. Routine has been key and he seemed "cured" of his problems from 11 - 18 months. It feels almost like a switch was turned at that 18 month point and I can't figure out how to fix it again. I know I need him back in a routine, but I can't seem to find the sweet spot again that equals Colin sleeping past 4:15. The weight of this issue feels like it is pushing at me constantly...like Colin is begging me to help him and I don't have the answers that I should. I feel that I should be able to help him...I am his mommy, that is my job! I know I will figure it out, I just have to be patient. The poor little man is so tired!

I am behind on posting again...mainly because when Colin is in a sleep pattern like this, it is crucial that I try to get some rest while he is sleeping. Therefore, no posts, no return emails or phone calls...this is when I know that all my friends and family start to wonder if we are alive. :-) I promise that I am okay...just worn out. I have been feeling pretty down for the last couple of days...when I get truly exhausted, I start to think that I am failing at juggling everything. I wonder if people in the "outside world" understand what my life is like. Then, I spotted this article on a friends Facebook page. I had to post it...it gave me chills. I have never read anything in my life that more accurately describes what it is like to be me. I know that all of my precious friends will appreciate this the way that I do. Click on the picture to make it large enough to read.


I really wish that I could wrap my arms around Carolyn and hug her until it hurts. I feel like I should pin this article to my shirt. These last few picture are of Jeremy in Jolly Old England. It almost impossible for me to be more jealous of him. :-)




3 comments:

Melibelle said...

I'm jealous too! Tell him i said NO FAIR! And I would like to say for he record I ill never be mad at you for not posting! I have no human children and I still can't always find time to post!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the sleep issues! Getting or not getting enough sleep really does make a huge difference. Hopefully you will stumble upon a solution or he will move out of this phase soon!

Anonymous said...

What a dumb, selfish bitch in Tacoma!!! Wow...I'm overwhelmed with the urge to punch her square in the face!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio