Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sore Throats and Bounce Houses

Well, I feel like hell in a hand basket. UGH. Last night my throat was scratchy and then I woke up at 3:00am feeling horrible. My throat is on fire. FIRE. This cannot be stressed enough. I was just bragging to Jer a few days ago about how well I have been lately. There goes that! Colin then chose today of all days to end his long nap streak. Of course. :-) I am pretty sure that I caught this lovely bug at one of our kid outings last week. I have extremely bad luck with any illness incubating in a toddler. I get sick whenever I get around large groups of kids. I need some kind of vaccine to hang out with kids under 5 years old. I sincerely hope that I feel much better tomorrow.

I took Colin to another bounce house place today (I know, sucker for punishment right here) and he had a good time. This place only had bounce houses and no other forms of entertainment, so Colin got bored with it pretty quickly. I was hoping he would bounce off some energy while I sat quietly in a chair, but that is not exactly how things worked out. He kept coming over and pulling my shorts in an effort to make me play. After chasing him through a couple of giant bounce mazes, I felt worse and decided to call it a day. We came home and had a quiet dinner and he still seems to feel okay for the time being. I sure hope he does not get this, too!

We had dinner at Jer's parents house last night and we had a great time. Colin loves to play with the weenie dogs and most especially with his grandmother's beautiful piano. She always puts him in her lap to bang the keys, but for the first time yesterday he picked out single notes instead of just banging the whole time. I have, of course, decided that makes him a genius. :-) Jer's mother is a very gifted concert pianist, so maybe Colin inherited that gene. I suppose we shall see...I took piano lessons for two years before deciding to quit at the ripe old age of 12. Let's hope he has her initiative and not mine! :-) Here are a couple of pictures from the afternoon:


5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Feel better wife! I'm sorry I'm not there to get sick with you!!!

Love,
your husband

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a genius to me!

Hope you are feeling better today!

The Murrays said...

I'm sorry you're sick, but how cute is that comment from your husband?

And I, too, quit piano at the ripe old age of twelve. LoL.

I will be making a trip to Dallas this weekend, but it looks like it will be short and sweet...so I HAVE to plan a return trip where we can meet. I hope SOON!!!

Melibelle said...

is ur mother in law making her famous duck sound in the last pic? u know the one that sends Colin into laughing fits ?!?!?!?!

Chalna said...

That's the one, Melissa! How did you guess? ;-) TOO FUNNY!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio