Friday, November 21, 2008

Exhausted and Rambling...

Colin woke up again at 4:00am. I spent one hour trying to get him back to sleep (read: letting him holler) and gave up at 5:09am. Minutes are rather important these days and I am starting to track my days by the exact time. I think the hardest part about this stage is not being able to just fix it. My friends and even books warned me that this stage would happen and that sleep patterns would disrupt, but I still find myself looking for a way to make it stop and help him. I know he needed to get more sleep, but could find no way to give it to him. Today I tried something new and went in to him. Without talking or turning on lights, I went in and changed him and gave him a warm bottle while rocking him. I thought it might soothe him the way it used to and he would go back to sleep. Nope....I still had to let him cry and he still did not go back to sleep. So we have been playing since five and I am trying to shake off the extreme fatigue. I am ready for things to settle down and him to get back in his groove. This is me....hanging in there. He is in a great mood and very chirpy and happy this morning as usual, so I know he is not sick. I am thankful for that!

In other news, I have been trying to do little bits of Christmas decorating this week as I get a free moment. Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and it is a family tradition to do the official kick-off to Christmas that night by firing up all the lights and decorations for the first time. I want to have all the big stuff done so that we can have fun and put up the finishing touches together like decorating the tree. I hope this will be one of the traditions that Colin remembers and loves the most...spending Thanksgiving weekend drinking hot cider and putting out all the cherished decorations. I have the mantle just about done with the garland and decorations, as well as lighted garland above the kitchen cabinets and entertainment center. Since I am so nervous about the tree with a toddler, I wanted to have some fun stuff up high where Colin can't reach, but we can all enjoy. It will be Christmas central in here, but I love it! I plan to display some of my favorite cherished ornaments on the mantle nestled in the garland rather than on the tree where Colin can get them. I also purchased the replacement bulbs for the outdoor lights and I am all set up to force Jer outside to hang lights on Sunday. I really want them to go up this weekend so that we can do the official lighting on Thursday night. I know he is thrilled at the prospect. hehe! This is going to be a very busy weekend with Thanksgiving prep and getting everything taken care of for Meredith's wedding coming in only two weeks! I hope Colin sleeps so that I can get some rest, but I am doubting that. :-)

To finish my random post, does anyone know who sells socks with rubber grips on the bottom? I have found lots at Target, Wal-Mart, and Children's Place that have rubber words on the bottom, like "2 -3 years", but that is not enough grip for us. I want the kind that look like socks but have almost a complete rubber bottom! I can't find them anywhere and it is too cold now for Colin to be barefoot in the mornings. He runs a lot and slips all the time. I need grippers! If anyone knows where to get some, let me know! I hope everyone has a great Friday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to get excited for holiday stuff too! Although I am trying hard to get past that "OMG there is so much to do" anxiety that is also setting in.

I saw someplace (I think Carters?) had soft houseshoes and I wanted to get some but was already spending $$ on new sleepers and decided the houseshoes could wait. They were like the booties with a flap of velcro across the top, and the bottoms were pretty much all rubber. I thought it was a great idea because they were warm and soft like socks, but had lots of traction. I need to go see if I can find them again.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio