Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OH NO!

Colin woke up at 3:48am this morning. I spent a solid hour trying to get him back to sleep and gave up. This is one rough week! I wish I knew what was keeping the poor little guy from sleeping, but my instinct tells me that his body is just growing and going through changes that are disrupting him at the moment. I feel like a zombie, but trying to just tie a knot in my rope and hang on (to quote my mama's favorite saying).

We went to Marshall's today to mill around and look at Christmas plates. As we were in line to check out, Colin decided that he needed to talk to the woman in front of us. He yelled out to her and she turned around to look at him in the cart. He then starts grinning from ear to ear, both dimples of full display, and does his move where he ducks his head and looks up through his eyelashes. This move is getting so practiced that it makes me laugh out loud at his audacity! This woman was older and not very "welcoming" in her demeanor, but I saw her smile slightly despite herself and turn back around. Colin then leans out and grabs her arm! I quickly said, "Colin...no no!" as she turned around to look at him again. He grins and yells, "OH NO!!" at her as loud as he can. This takes her by surprise and she says, "Oh no!" right back to him...to which he responds with, "OKAY!". Now he is laughing loudly and bouncing up and down alternating between "OH NO" and "OKAY!". By now he has her eating out of the palm of his hand. He offers her his juice and bear. She starts cooing to him about his dimples and hair and then looks up at me and says, "Is he for real?". I laughed and told her that he was indeed! She launches into how happy and adorable and well behaved he is. She continues to gush about what a precious angel he is and I was forced to jump in and say, "He is indeed the most adorable boy on the planet, but I do need to point out that I have been awake since 3:48am." Colin picked that moment to yell "OH NO!". Exactly. :-)

I guess now would be a good time to point out that Colin has new words. That would be OH NO and OKAY in case you had not figured that out. :-) He throws things on the floor just so he can say "OH NO!". It is really the cutest thing ever. I think he will have a lot more to say any day now...he seems to be moving forward full steam ahead!

1 comments:

The Murrays said...

oh...how cute is that. schafer, too, has a penchant for flirting with ladies in checkout lines. funny how fast they learn to use their charm. yay for colin's new words!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio