Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Bits

Colin and Jer are currently napping and I don't have much to report. This weekend is pretty quiet and going smoothly. I am feeling rather random at the moment so I thought I would log on to share.

*We had sushi for dinner on Friday night and it was so yummy that I am seriously thinking about having it again tonight. I have a funny relationship with sushi...I go through phases of eating it constantly and then not eating it again for a year. It looks like I am in my "on-again" stage now.

*We found yet another new park yesterday that was easily the best so far. Not only was the playground top notch, but it sits on a huge parcel of land with a giant fishing pond complete with dock and huge covered deck full of picnic tables overlooking the water. They also have a dog park, so I think this will be our new go-to place. It was so awesome that I immediately thought of having Colin's birthday there, but then remembered that parks are not so fun in 100 degree July heat. The only way Colin will ever get an outdoor party is at a pool.

*I am in the midst of having dental work done and my filling from early last week is messed up and I can't chew on one side of my mouth. This is a giant pain in the ass. They can see me on Tuesday to have it fixed, but I can't get a sitter for Colin. This gave me a fantastic idea. Would it not be amazing if one day a week or so, doctors offered someone to watch the kids? I was thinking that it was an awesome business idea. You would market that once a week, someone would spend the day in the waiting room, playing and reading with kiddos while mom had her appointment. It could even be less than once a week, whatever worked for them. There are probably huge insurance and liability issues with my plan, but I think it would be a lifesaver to stay at home moms. I have been thinking all day that if someone could just watch Colin for a few minutes while they fix my tooth...it would be so great! If I knew of a doctor that offered that, I would give them my business in a second. Maybe this is my calling. :-)

*Colin had his first trip to the dentist on Friday. It was...er...interesting. He did not want a thing to do with any of it. He sat in my lap in the chair and the whole visit was really to start getting him oriented with going and to make sure his teeth were growing in properly. The hygienist was so sweet and caring. She showed him all of her cool instruments and offered to let him hold them! Colin, however, did not care. Every time she showed him something, he said "NO!" and pushed it away. He even pushed away the suction and water squirting things, which I really thought he would go for. Oh well. You can imagine that he refused to open his mouth for the dentist or say "AH" or laugh or any other trick I could think of to make him open his mouth. In the end, I had to lay Colin down and let Dr. Smith pry his jaws open and look. At this point, Colin started to cry, which actually helped since that had his mouth open. The good news is that his teeth look great, he is brushing properly and everything is coming in just as it should. The bad news is that he already has the beginnings of an "open bite" which is where the front teeth are pushing forward. This is from (you guessed it!) the pacifier. This just solidifies that we need to get rid of it, so I am getting ready to make it official. This scares the living daylights out of me. Colin did not sleep more than two hours in a row for almost the first complete year of his life. Now that I have a system and everything is going well, I am loathe to mess with it. LOATHE. In fact, I may need therapy before I can do this. YIKES!

That concludes the most random post ever. :-)

1 comments:

Melibelle said...

that's a pretty good business idea!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio