Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mundane

Today was rather uneventful...it is freezing cold here, which kept Colin and I indoors for yet another day. I have quickly gathered that the key to keeping ones sanity as a stay-at-home mother is to stay active. Colin gets quickly bored these days and without the ability to hang out outside, options are limited! We made a trip to Wal-mart to get some odds and ends, but that was the extent of our "fun". It was 30 degrees when we walked into the store and Colin's little face was too funny! He was in total shock to feel such cold on his cheeks!

In the wake of my completely uninteresting day, I will share some details about me. I have always loved to read and write...both soothe my soul and make me truly happy. I also happen to be very good at sales, so that is where my career has taken me the past 10 years. As I get into week two of being a SAHM, I am thinking more about getting back into writing. The problem is that I have no clue where to start and this is reminding me exactly why I got into sales in the first place. I don't think that my writing falls into a category that would ever generate any income for me. I am very happy to write for my own happiness, but as far as a career...I doubt it. I don't have any desire to write for a newspaper or tv broadcast. I don't know where to begin when contemplating writing a fiction novel, although those are what I love to read the most. What I enjoy writing the most are short stories, and I have no clue where that would ever get me or if anyone would even want to read them. SO, long story short...I am going to start writing again, but I may be the only person who reads it! And I guess that is better than not writing at all!! :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio