Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter with a TOOTH thrown in!





This turned out to be a beautiful Easter weekend. My family came up as planned and we had a great lunch here at the house on Saturday. Jer's parents also came over, so we had a big group all together at once for a change! Colin also got to hang out with his cousin Jackson, which was too cute for words. They are going to get into so much trouble together one of these days! :-) Today we said goodbye to my family and headed over to Jer's parents house for Easter dinner. We got back not too long ago and I just tucked Colin in to bed. All in all, a really good weekend.


The big news of the weekend is the official arrival of Colin's first tooth!!!! I noticed a tinge of white on his gums while giving him his breakfast on Friday morning and just about lost my mind! I called Jer immediately to tell him the good news. I still can't believe that my little baby has his first real tooth coming in! I can see more of it today...just a nice white tooth top swimming in all those pink gums. It is beautiful, if you ask me. :-) He is so funny about it! He keeps running his tongue over and over his gum line trying to figure out what is going on. He has been literally pouring drool and chewing on everything. He especially likes to chew on his rubber alligator bath toy. The only downside is that the poor little guy is in a lot of pain. I have not slept in days...he wakes up at all hours of the night and then has a really hard time getting back down. I don't know if all the teeth are going to hurt him as bad as this one is, but I sure hope not. He has been miserable...running light fevers and just not feeling good all the way around. Today he seemed in a better mood and had two really good naps, so hopefully we have weathered this particular storm. :-) Colin has also started consistently going to bed an hour later than he used to. He used to go down at 7:30 like clockwork and ever since daylight savings time, it can be anywhere from 8:30 - 9:30. I am going to have to pick a time and start putting him down on a schedule. I thought he would even out after the time change and go down on his own like he used to, but it is not happening. I know he does better on a set schedule with sleep, so I am going to probably pick 8:30 and stick to it.


You may also notice in the pictures that Colin's irritated eye is back in full force. It had cleared completely up, but started back again last week. We have been giving the Zyrtec again, but I really don't think this is allergies. He itches that one eye constantly and it is so raw and red. There is not drainage or anything to indicate infection, but with allergies I would assume that both eyes would itch and he would be sneezy, etc. But he shows no other signs. I am going to take Colin back to the pedi tomorrow to check it out again.
The pictures are all from Easter weekend. The last shot is all of the loot from Colin's first Easter. Not bad! :-)

1 comments:

Melibelle said...

AWE poor guy.. looks handsome though despite the pain! :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio