Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Battle with Top Teeth Continues....

This has been a long day here in our house...it is always hard to say goodbye to loved ones and we have been a bit melancholy today since Jer's parents left. They headed back East this morning and Colin and I spent the day together missing all the extra love and attention! Poor Colin is having a horrible time with his top teeth...I actually came close to taking him to the ER this afternoon because I started to doubt that teething could cause such intense crying. After trying everything, I loaded Colin into the car and took him to the pharmacy for new infant orajel. Once we started driving he finally got distracted and calmed down, thank goodness. I stocked up on everything related to pain relieving for infants. We literally tried everything today...Tylenol, Motrin, Orajel, teething tablets, frozen rags, teethers in the fridge, water...gracious!! Not much helped, so I spent the day trying to distract him from the pain. I can see that his top front teeth are heading in, so hopefully these are the worst for awhile. I have felt like a bit of a failure today...I hate to see him hurt like that! I wish I could have done more. He had two naps that were all of 30 minutes before he woke up crying. Now it is 10:15 and he has already woken up crying twice since he went down at 8:00. I know he is tired...I have said my prayers that God will help him to get some rest. I think he is the only one who can help us now!! :-)

Jer was forced to attend a BBQ at his bosses house without us today...I hate when Jer has to attend work functions wifeless, but Colin was in no shape for a party. I am heading to bed now with the hopes that my little buddy will get some sleep. Poor angel!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio