Thursday, May 1, 2008

Picky Eating, Here We Come!

Colin has officially entered his first hunger strike. Well, not really a hunger strike so much as a certain foods strike. He will eat the following:

Peach Puffs
Cheerios
Ritz Crackers
Mild Cheddar Lil' Crunchies
Fruit only baby foods
Yogurt

He normally eats lots of other stuff baby food wise. At the moment, he won't eat any of the veggies, even his favorites. He won't eat any of the pastas, or any of the breakfast foods he normally loves. He would not take a single bite of his oatmeal this morning and ate yogurt for the 6th day in a row! He has cut way back on his formula...he takes bottles at 7:30am, noonish and 5:30ish. Since I added the lunch solids, he has really made a change on the formula consumption. I think that the more I am introducing table foods to him, the more he is shunning the baby foods which are pretty bland in comparison. Luckily I have several friends who have gone through this stage (Shannon!) so I know that it is normal and he will work through it. I also heard that teething causes them to not eat much and lord knows we have that going on. His poor top teeth are still just little white spots and have not poked all the way through yet. They are torturing him!



Tomorrow I have a happy hour party to attend for one of my best friends and Jer is watching Colin for me. I am looking forward to a couple of hours of grown up conversation and it should be a great time. Then on Saturday I am actually having my hair cut and colored and a pedicure!!!!! This is a HUGE deal for me...these are my birthday presents courtesy of Jer's parents. I am getting my very first whole afternoon to myself since Colin was born and I am pretty excited about it. My hair looks horrible, so this is a very good thing! :-)

3 comments:

Melibelle said...

so how was happy hour and the afternoon to yourself???

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! Hunter won't eat anything. Well, hotdogs but I am so against those. But I finally gave in.

Anonymous said...

What I have learned (that is true at least in Gabby's case)...

Offer it enough times, and eventually she will eat it. Sometimes it would take up to 10 different attempts and lots of spitting-out of food (different meals- not in one sitting), but eventually, she caves in, eats it, loves it, wants to marry it.

We did this with kiwi, pineapple, cauliflower, ground beef, cottage cheese, and MANY other things. Hated it, spit it out time after time after time, but EVERY TIME, eventually came around. Now our little Hoover eats anything.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio