Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bye Bye Winter Clothes!

I finally made the move last night to put away all of Colin's 9 month sized clothing. He has been wearing 12 month clothes since the beginning of March, but I had not put away his winter stuff yet. I put up all of his cozy footed pj's and long sleeve onesies...everything is packed up now. There are now 6 grocery bags marked "Colin size 6-9 months" waiting to be put in the attic. All of his 12 month clothes fit at the moment, but those are on the way out. I bought several one piece jumpers on sale at JC Penney the first week of March and those are the smallest. They just snap and I think Colin has maybe another three weeks or so before those won't fit at all. I do NOT want to make the move into 18 month...he is my little baby!! :-) I think the only drawback of having a baby in the 95th percentile for everything is that he gets too big too fast!! I want him to stay my little baby!! Slow down, little man!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were like that with Gabby- she went through 6 month all the way through 12 month clothes in about 4 months. I think the average outfit lasted about 1.5 weeks before outgrowing. Then she just quit growing...she was virtually the same size in April as she was last August. I had packed up a lot of summer clothes that still fit, but once it was too cold to wear them, I assumed by the time it warmed up again they would be too small. But last month I pulled out her clothes from LAST summer and tons of them STILL fit. Saved me some money on her summer wardrobe! Although, she is starting to eat a TON at meals, so I am thinking we might have another growth spurt looming.

Chalna said...

That makes me so happy to hear! I had heard that once they start walking and moving around more that the weight gain slows down considerably. I love that Colin is such an adorably big boy, but I am so scared that he is going to be taller than me by next summer. HA! :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio